- Why are some countries able to spend less money per student than we do but still have a higher quality education system?
- How can we streamline our school districts so money is used more effectively?
- How has the initial idea of Charter schools turned into publicly funded institutions competing against one another instead of collaborating with each other?
- When looked at with historical perspective, virtually every demographic of student has shown an increase in performance since the 1970’s. This must mean that something is right about what we are doing. What is that something? How can we accentuate that?
- How can we improve and streamline Special Education?
- How can we return to not only focusing on the ‘core’ content areas, but also on the humanities and electives? Even as a math teacher, I recognize the importance of student creativity, and how that has been stifled in this age of high stakes testing.
Just a few random thoughts on a Saturday morning.